Illness In The Workplace
Chances are that your social media feeds and news broadcasts have been filled with stories covering the Coronavirus epidemic. This week the CDC said that it’s not a matter of “if” but “when” the virus is in the US (more than the 60+ cases currently reported). The Northern Kentucky Health Department put together this great info sheet with helpful tips to avoid illness.
- Create or Update your emergency plans.
- Strategize how to increase space or limit contact between staff, if possible (for example, teleworking and conference calls).
- Establish flexible leave policies for staff during a disease outbreak in the community.
- Share your plans with staff.
- Stay informed about the local outbreak situation and school closures.
- Encourage staff to practice healthy behaviors, such as staying home when they’re sick, covering their coughs and sneezes, and wash their hands often.
- Provide supplies to prevent the spread of disease, such as tissues and soap.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as computers and door knobs, using EPA-registers cleaning/disinfectant products. (click here for the EPA Pesticide/Disinfectant list)
- Implement a monitoring system to track staff absences due to the disease.
- Update staff, customers and supplies with information about how your business is responding to the outbreak.
Cincinnati / Northern kentucky Office
50 W. Rivercenter Blvd
Covington, KY 41011
8235 Old Troy Pike, #281
Huber Heights, OH 45424
571 Monon Blvd #200
Carmel, IN 46032